Tags: American Psycho Critical EssayHow To Solve Mathematics ProblemsTopic For A Research PaperPersuasive Essay HelpBusiness Plan Template ScoreBlank Outline For Narrative EssaySecrets By Bernard Maclaverty EssayVolleyball Thesis StatementWhat Is Business Planning
8) Finding prime numbers: The search for prime numbers and the twin prime conjecture are some of the most important problems in mathematics.
If you are doing a Maths Studies IA then go to this page instead.
Be aware that this page gets a large amount of traffic from IB students – do not simply copy articles – it may well be spotted by the moderators.
Use this resource as a starting point and inspiration for your own personal investigation.
Before choosing a topic you also need to read this page which gives very important guidance from the IB. IB Revision with Revision Village There’s a really great website been put together to help IB students with topic revision both for during the course and for the end of Year 12 school exams and Year 13 final exams.
Fermat’s Last Theorem is one of the most famous such equations.
6) Continued fractions: These are fractions which continue to infinity.
3) Probabilistic number theory 4) Applications of complex numbers: The stunning graphics of Mandelbrot and Julia Sets are generated by complex numbers.
5) Diophantine equations: These are polynomials which have integer solutions.
33) The Chinese Remainder Theorem: This is a method developed by a Chinese mathematician Sun Zi over 1500 years ago to solve a numerical puzzle. 35) Fermat’s Theorem on the sum of 2 squares – An example of how to use mathematical proof to solve problems in number theory. 37) Mathematical proof and paradox – a good opportunity to explore some methods of proof and to show how logical errors occur.
An interesting insight into the mathematical field of Number Theory. 38) Friendly numbers, Solitary numbers, perfect numbers.